Value the Property

Talking to a Valuer
You will probably need the services of a registered property valuer to provide an impartial and expert appraisal of the property you are interested in.

Most registered valuers are qualified and have to undertake a number of years postgraduate work experience before they become registered valuers. However, we suggest you talk to an experienced registered valuer, rather than a new valuer who has just come out of university.

You will need a registered valuer if you are going for a mortgage loan because the banks and other lending institutions only accept valuations for mortgage purposes from a registered valuer.

What a Valuer can do
The other things a valuer can help with are:

  • Appraisal of the property you are interested in buying.
  • Estimate the likely value of the property on completion of improvements you have in mind.
  • Come up with valuation for insurance purposes.
  • Estimate the values after any proposed subdivisions you have in mind after the purchase.

When you call a valuer, make su...

Membership required (FREE)

The rest of this article is freely available to StartRunGrow members.
Not a member? Join Here - Its FREE!