What ACC Compensation can I Claim?

There are various types of compensation you may be able to receive from the ACC.

These are:

  • Weekly Compensation
    The ACC will pay you 80% of your lost weekly earnings, which starts from the second week onwards. The first week is paid by your employer.

  • Medical Treatment 
    The ACC will pay for some of the costs of your doctors, dentists and other specialists where required. In general,  you will receive treatment from the health professional who will charge you only part of the fee. They then claim the balance directly from the ACC.

  • Loss of Earnings if under 18
    The ACC will pay you compensation for loss of any future earnings due to injury if you are under 18. To qualify, you must be 18 years or older and no longer studying full time. You must have been incapacitated for at least 6 months, unable to work, and with less than 85% capacity.

  • Rehabilitation
    The ACC will help you get back into being independent and into the workforce. Generally a case manager will be assigned to you and he/she will work with you and develop a rehabilitation pl...

    Membership required (FREE)

    The rest of this article is freely available to StartRunGrow members.
    Not a member? Join Here - Its FREE!

Article Vault

Back to Menu