If you feel you are not being looked after by your lawyer, maybe the fault lies with you. Quite simply, it may amount to the fact that you have not clarified your needs and asked the right questions. Many clients do not ask their lawyers for answers to the many questions they have. One way to help your lawyer is to ask if you are not sure.
Some tips include:
- Make up a list of all the questions in the mind and get them answered when you meet.
- If you feel your lawyer is acting unethically or dishonestly, don’t be afraid to say so.
- Don’t judge your lawyer too quickly. Give the person time to act for you and allow a little leeway.
- Make sure you get the attention of the lawyer when you meet, so there is no confusion on the information you will pass over.
- If you are not happy that your lawyer does not return your phone calls, tell him/her when you meet.
- Don’t be overawed by the plush offices. At the end of the day, it’s your lawyer’s personal ability and expertise that will help you –...
Membership required (FREE)
The rest of this article is freely available to StartRunGrow members.
Not a member? Join Here - Its FREE!